HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. By making a reservation, checking-in and by using The Edinburgh Collection services.
2. By registering with The Edinburgh Collection newsletter.
4. By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards, emails, review.
5. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
6. By visiting our website, and social media pages.
Below we will outline the type of information typically collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it, store it and how long we keep it for.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using The Edinburgh Collection services, it is necessary to have information to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number, expiration date, and language preference. It may also include if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your services such as the type of room, type of bed, and the like. You may wish to have your purchase of The Edinburgh Collection ' services recognised in a third party's loyalty program with which The Edinburgh Collection has a relationship. To do so will require you providing us specific verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We also offer exclusive discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth to verify this upon check-in.
The Edinburgh Collection is a small portfolio of hotels in Edinburgh, UK. Your personal information is shared with the hotel where you intend to stay and those of its employees involved in delivering the service to you to the extent necessary for them to do so and to process the transaction. All hotels that are managed by The Edinburgh Collection are required to agree to abide by the terms of this Privacy Protection Policy.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking in such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
The Edinburgh Collection may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about The Edinburgh Collection services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to The Edinburgh Collection which will manage the distribution.
All data collected through the process of a booking or transactions will be kept for 6 years accordingly to the tax legislation requirement, with the exception of digital Credit Card details which are automatically erased 24 hours after check out. Physical credit card details will be destroyed within two weeks following check out.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS EMAILS, AND REVIEW
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely to record your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, to recognise employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
THE EDINBURGH COLLECTION OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service, we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. Based on the lawful basis of consent, you are required to opt in if you would like to receive our newsletter and offers. By opting in you give your consent for us to keep your data for six years. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message, and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
BY VISITING ONE OF OUR WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect. Such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. On the basis of your consent we may securely hold your data for marketing purpose and will store a proof of your consent. You may also withdraw your consent concerning the use of your personal information for marketing purposes or at any time. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using 'Unsubscribe' as the subject line, and provide us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
2. To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room. This information will be held on the basis of legitimate interest for a maximum of 20 years in our PMS and will only be processed in case of rebooking.
3. To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests' use of our services so that we can understand better how to improve our services. This data will be held for a maximum of a year. After a year the data will processed anonymously for us to build statistics on market trends.
4. To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyse guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth. This data will be held for a maximum of a year. After a year the data will processed anonymously for us to build statistics on market trends.
5. To meet legal and regulatory requirements. With regards to the tax legislation we have the obligation to keep invoices and registration cards for 6 years. After check out this data is safely stored and is not subject to anymore processing unless it is requested by a legal authority.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of The Edinburgh Collection, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest - for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with The Edinburgh Collection hotel for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information may be shared with other The Edinburgh Collection hotels so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that The Edinburgh Collection hotel in the future.
4. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
5. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by The Edinburgh Collection to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
6. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by The Edinburgh Collection to evaluate a customer's credit worthiness or to collect a customer's account.
7.Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of The Edinburgh Collection it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimised by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest's personal information by The Edinburgh Collection to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. The Edinburgh Collection will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. The Edinburgh Collection will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. The Edinburgh Collection will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. The Edinburgh Collection will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. The Edinburgh Collection will honour your request to access your personal information within a month following your enquiry. Please note that if GDPR advice that request can be made via any channel but we recommend you to send us an email at email@example.com for best practices.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to request in respect of your personal information, please contact our marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer by writing us at:
The Edinburgh Collection
1 Nether Bakehouse,